It’s that time of the year again! Actually I’m late to this and the time should have been at the start of January, but it’s better late than never!
It’s funny I have to write this down again because I just did so formally with my manager at work as part of the yearly evaluation. Suffice to say that went well!
Informally speaking now, 2021 was a great year for me. I just spent 1 whole year working as a cloud developer at IBM and it has been everything I had hoped for and more. I was able to hone my existing skills, pickup and master new ones, and make friends along the way.
I achieved almost all of my goals from last years’ programming resolution and more. Those include:
- Earn a AWS cloud certificate — I sat my first AWS exam and earned the Developer Associate
- Become proficient using kubernetes — luckily I got assigned a project at work where I deal with kubernetes a lot to deploy application. I went from 0 to a very capable kubernetes user in a span of a few months.
- Do more side projects & update my portfolio — I managed to complete one freelance project for a small car wash business using React and Firebase. I do need to “update my portfolio” though to showcase that.
- Walk my dogs more often — Happy to report I walked my good boi & girl a lot more this year 🐕🦺
I had initially planned to earn an Azure cloud certificate as well, but I decided against it since I don’t really use it at work or personally anymore, unlike AWS which is my to-go cloud platform.
New Year’s Resolution for 2022:
Following last year’s good progress, I think I have good momentum to achieve even more goals.
Here is my list for 2022:
- Earn TWO AWS cloud certificates
- Write technical blogs more frequently
- Launch a simple SaaS webapp on AWS
These are ambitious goals for me taking into account the huge amounts of time each of these tasks can take. Nevertheless, I will try my best to get it done and come out a more experienced developer by the end of the year.
Here’s to the pursuit of success and error free deployments 🥂🤞